Untidy shrubs and trees are the two major culprits that are depreciating the curb appeal of your home, and it is time to stop them! Maintaining those untidy shrubs becomes really easy when you have a robust gas hedge trimmer with you.
Since their inception, hedge trimmers have made things easier for those who are responsible for keeping their gardens clean and up-to-date.
Whether you want to trim a series of bushes or you just want to reward the trees with an even look, you need a reliable hedge trimmer.
Hedge trimmers come in a range of products but choosing the gas-powered ones is a real deal, as you don’t have to worry about the length of the cord. Also, you can roam freely with a gas-powered hedge trimmer.
Do you know what to look for in a gas hedge trimmer? Well, it is hard to buy a gas-powered hedge trimmer if you are a beginner. Even the experts can make some buying mistakes as the market is flooded with a variety of products.
In this article, you will get detailed information about some top-of-the-line best gas hedge trimmers, along with a thorough buying guide that incorporates all the factors you should look for in a hedge trimmer.
|• Engine 21.7 cc • Dual Edged blade • Adjustable handle • Weight 16.55 LBS||Price Please|
Poulan Pro PR2322
|• Engine 23 cc, 2 cycle • Dual Edged blade • Rotating handle, comfort grip • Weight 11.1 LBS||Price Please|
|• Engine 21.2 cc 2 stroke • 24" dual commercial blade • 5 position rear handle • Weight 10.3 LBS||Price Please|
|• Engine 21 cc, 2 cycle • 20" dual action blade • Large front and rear handle • Weight 11.8 LBS||Price Please|
|• Engine 21 cc, 2 cycle • 18" dual action blade •Front and rear handle • Weight 10.36 LBS||Price Please|
Maxtra Gas Pole Saw
|• Engine 42.7 cc, 2 cycle • Multi tools •can reach 14-16 ft • Weight 27.5 LBS||Price Please|
|• Engine 26 cc, 2 cycle •17 in. Curved Shaft • Weight 10.36 LBS||Price Please|
Sun Seeker’s 26CC
|• Engine 26 cc, 2 cycle •4 TOOLS IN 1 • Weight 29 LBS||Price Please|
|No products found.|
|• Engine 26 cc, 2 cycle • 21" dual action blade •double sided bar • Weight 13 LBS||No products found.|
|• Engine 26 cc, 2 cycle •25.9inch Long-Reach Hedge •Two Handles • Weight 22.1 LBS||Price Please|
- Best Gas HedgeTrimmers 2021
- 01. Husqvarna 122HD60 21.7cc Gas 23.7-in Dual Action Hedge Trimmer: Best for better maneuverability
- 02. Poulan Pro PR2322 22-Inch 23cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer: Best for less noise operation
- 03. Tanaka TCH22EBP2 21cc 2-Cycle Gas Hedge Trimmer : Robust and efficient engine
- 04. Echo HC-152 Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer: Best for delivering longevity
- 05. Husqvarna 122HD45, 18 in. 21.7cc 2-Cycle Gas Hedge Trimmer: best vibration absorption
- 06. Maxtra Gas Pole Saw, Powerful Long Reach Tree Trimmer Pruning Chain Saw: Best Length Adjustable hedge Trimmer
- 07. Homelite 26cc Gas Powered 17 in. Curved Shaft Trimmer: Most Affordable Hedge Trimmer
- 08. Sun Seeker’s 26CC 2 Cycle 4 in 1 Multi-Tool (Reliable and comfortable)
- 09. ToolTuff 24″ Blade Hedge Trimmer, 26cc Gas Power, Double Sided
- 10. Rbaysale 26CC Gas-Powered Hedge Trimmer
- Buying guide to select the best gas hedge trimmer
- Some must-have safety features in a hedge trimmer
- Important trimming tips every user should follow
- How to get optimal performance from a gas hedge trimmer?
- How to maintain a gas hedge trimmer?
- What are the safety tips for using a gas Hedge Trimmer?
- What are the Benefits of Gas Trimmers?
- General FAQs Answered
- My gas hedge trimmer is producing a lot of noise. What to do?
- Can I store my machine with the fuel?
- I am getting problems in starting the engine, what are the reasons?
- What is the best time to clean the air filter?
- The blades are not performing up to mark, what can be the reason?
- How to start the gas hedge trimmer?
- Wrapping it up
Best Gas HedgeTrimmers 2021
We have carefully handpicked some of the best gas hedge trimmers to make things easier for you. Below are the details of each trimmer that will help you pick your ideal product based on your budget and the things you are looking to have in your new hedge trimmer.
01. Husqvarna 122HD60 21.7cc Gas 23.7-in Dual Action Hedge Trimmer: Best for better maneuverability
Husqvarna is not a new name in the field of farming and household equipment. The brand is carrying a legacy and trust of millions of buyers on its shoulders. When it comes to Husqvarna 122HD60, the machine will amaze you with the features it offers.
Engine start requires minimal efforts
Starting the engine of a gas hedge trimmer can be a tough task if you have the wrong machine. But with Husqvarna 122HD60, there is no such problem with the engine start. The engine is designed in a way that it gets to start with minimal hassles and lesser efforts.
You don’t have to pull the rope multiple times while exhausting yourself. Instead, Husqvarna 122HD60 is easy to start and gets ready for trimming the untidy trees on the go.
Comes with Anti-vibration dampeners
The only thing that will disturb you while trimming the shrubs is the vibration generated by the engine. The engines mounted on these machines are heavy duty. As a result, they produce enough vibrations to shake your grip.
In the case of Husqvarna 122HD60, the manufacturer has provided anti-vibration dampeners that can absorb the effect of vibrations up to a major extent making your trimming experience free from hassles.
Husqvarna 122HD60 is a low-maintenance hedge trimmer
Another commendable trait in Husqvarna 122HD60 is low maintenance. You don’t have to spend an excessive amount on maintenance. The blades and other parts are durable enough to deliver decent longevity.
Robust air purge system
The machine comes equipped with an air purge system that keeps air bubbles at bay and helps the machine with an easy start. Air purge system is hard to find in other hedge trimmers, and that is something that makes Husqvarna 122HD60 a value for money product.
Husqvarna 122HD60 is a dual-edged gas hedge trimmer that comes with an adjustable handle. Also, it reduces the stress and vibrations on your arm, making your experience much better.
02. Poulan Pro PR2322 22-Inch 23cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer: Best for less noise operation
If you want extreme power in your hands, then you should consider having a look at Poulan Pro PR2322. Poulan manufactures some of the most versatile and best industrial-grade products that are worth every single penny you have paid for them.
Pro PR2322 is no exception and is a great gas hedge trimmer to keep your lawn in shape.
Dual-action stainless steel blade
The dual-action stainless steel blade rewards you with the freedom to trim your lawn as per your preference. It also helps you in saving a lot of time because you have a machine that trims from both sides.
Additionally, the blade is long enough to reach the bushes that are higher from the ground. You don’t need a stool or a ladder if you have Pro PR2322 by your side.
Extremely light in weight
Most people think that gas hedge trimmers are very bulky and handling them is a tough task. But this is not the case with Pro PR2322. The gross weight of this machine is 11.1 lbs which makes it light in weight and it is easy to maneuver the device.
Also, you can work for a longer duration due to lesser strain on your arms.
Do you hate adjusting your hand every time you rotate the hedge trimmer for trimming anything? With Pro PR2322, there is no need of adjusting your hand as the machine comes with a rotator handle and adjusts itself as you turn the handle.
You will get a handlebar in front of the machine that prevents the attack of the debris.
If you are stuck in the limitations of budget, then Poulan Pro PR2322 is a great option. You will get the necessary functionalities with this gas hedge trimmer. Also, the handle is adjustable, so even beginners can use this machine easily.
03. Tanaka TCH22EBP2 21cc 2-Cycle Gas Hedge Trimmer : Robust and efficient engine
Tanaka TCH22EBP2 is another gas-powered hedge trimmer that trims from both edges. The machine is commercial grade and can be used for carrying out operations for a longer time.
If your lawn has thick and strong bushes, then you can rely on TCH22EBP2 for a wonderful job.
Many gas hedge trimmers have a backward-facing exhaust system which results in burnt hedges due to the smoke it oozes. Tanaka TCH22EBP2 features a forward-facing exhaust that emits smoke in a way that prevents the hedges from burning the operator which remains safe while using the machine.
Easy to start
TCH22EBP2 comes equipped with S-start technology which makes it really easier for you to start the machine. You don’t have to pull the starting lever multiple times. Just pull it once or twice, and the machine is ready to chop those untidy bushes.
5-position handle adjustments
The handle mounted on this machine offers 5-position adjustments so that you can adjust the handle as per your preference. As a result, you get extreme maneuverability and control over the machine. And you can carry out the operation much efficiently and without wasting much time.
Tanaka TCH22EBP2 has a strong construction and a high-quality build. It can easily survive the dings and harsh conditions with no worries of damages.
If you want a machine that is perfect for commercial tasks, then Tanaka TCH22EBP2 is a strong contender. You can rely on this machine to accomplish those hard jobs with ease.
04. Echo HC-152 Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer: Best for delivering longevity
Another double-edges gas hedge trimmer that is worth your attention is Echo HC-152. The product comes in a basic look and is loaded with every essential element required to trim the shrubs and branches.
The blades are razor sharp and can trim even the thick branches without any hassles.
The engine in this hedge trimmer is 21.2 cc which is professional-grade and strong enough to offer excellent longevity as well as delivers outstanding performance.
Excellent control and balance
When it comes to control and balance, Echo HC-152 will never disappoint you. You will be able to handle the machine in a much better way while maneuvering it as per your needs. Also, the machine weighs less so you can use it for a long time period without the worries of muscle strain.
Ergonomic comfort grip
The gripping mounted on the handle is ergonomic which means that it will absorb the excess vibrations while keeping the machine more stable.
Requires minimal maintenance
With Echo HC-152, you don’t have to worry about the hassles of maintenance. The device requires no extra costs, and you can keep it up-to-date by lubricating it on time.
Echo HC-152 is a commercial-grade machine that is compatible with all heavy-duty tasks. The hedge trimmer requires no assembly, and you can use it on the go.
05. Husqvarna 122HD45, 18 in. 21.7cc 2-Cycle Gas Hedge Trimmer: best vibration absorption
Husqvarna 122HD45 is another gas hedge trimmer that carries forward the legacy of Husqvarna. You will get a comprehensive package that is light in weight and is a perfect partner to make your lawn clean and mess-free.
Smart Start makes things easier
Husqvarna 122HD45 is equipped with a smart start mechanism that keeps air bubbles away from entering the fuel tank. In short, it has an air purge system that stops the air bubbles from generating, and thus you can start the machine easily.
Produces less noise
Husqvarna 122HD45 has a 21.7cc 2-Cycle engine that is strong enough to deliver decent efficiency and is yet a silent engine. The operational sound produced by this machine is less and is not irritating for the ears.
Comes with anti-vibration dampeners
The handle mounted on this gas hedge trimmer has anti-vibration dampeners, so you will not feel those disturbing vibrations while using the machine.
More stable due to short blade
The blade of this device is shorter as compared to other hedge trimmers on the list. And this helps the operator to get better stability from the machine.
The short blade has a great balance, and you will feel the same after bringing home a Husqvarna 122HD45 gas hedge trimmer.
Husqvarna 122HD45 will justify every single penny you have paid for it. The machine has a great air purging system and all the functionalities you need in a hedge trimmer. It starts quickly and produces less noise, which makes it a value-for-money product.
06. Maxtra Gas Pole Saw, Powerful Long Reach Tree Trimmer Pruning Chain Saw: Best Length Adjustable hedge Trimmer
Do you need something easy to store and long enough to trim the higher bushes? Have a look at the Maxtra Gas Pole Saw hedge trimmer that is the longest gas trimmer on this list.
The gas trimmer is easy to assemble and disassemble for the trimming task. All you have to do is plug the shaft into the motor, and it is ready to use.
The engine mounted on Maxtra Gas Pole Saw is a powerful 42.7cc engine that has a perfect balance despite the weight and the length. The power produced by this engine is great, and it is capable of delivering heavy-duty performance.
If you find it hard to reach the branches at height, then you should consider using Maxtra Gas Pole Saw. The arm is easy to adjust from 8.2 to 11.4 feet while the balance of the machine remains maintained.
Starting the engine of the Maxtra Gas Pole Saw is an easy task. Just like other hedge trimmers, you don’t have to exhaust yourself in the starting process.
It gets started instantly when you try to pull the engine rope.
Maxtra Gas Pole Saw is a perfect gas hedge trimmer for those who have higher trees in their lawns. The hedge trimmer is easy to extend and delivers decent control even after the length is fully extended.
07. Homelite 26cc Gas Powered 17 in. Curved Shaft Trimmer: Most Affordable Hedge Trimmer
Homelite 26cc is the most affordable gas hedge trimmer on the entire list. It is a nice machine that is perfect for domestic use and can easily trim soft shrubs.
Simple yet powerful construction
There are no difficulties to use the parts of this machine, and you can use it even if you are a beginner. The mechanism is easy to carry due to the thin rod, and you can control it without any difficulties.
Light in weight
The overall weight of this gas hedge trimmer is 14.15 pounds. You can carry it for operations that require a longer duration of time.
Smart start mechanism
The pull string mounted on the hedge trimmer makes it easy to start. Also, you can switch off the machine easily after using it, and the blades will stop rotating immediately.
If you have a small lawn that requires less maintenance, then you should buy Homelite 26cc. It is a great option for you. It delivers superior fuel efficiency and is perfect to use even for the first-time users.
08. Sun Seeker’s 26CC 2 Cycle 4 in 1 Multi-Tool (Reliable and comfortable)
The beautiful thing about The MFT26 4 in 1 is that it features four tools, which you can convert into a brush cutter, hedge trimmer, string trimmer, or pole saw. This is a unique model that very few trimmers brands provide.
The best part of this tool is that it allows you to complete all your lawn needs with just one tool. You need not buy any other device for cutting and trimming if you buy this. It also benefits you as you would not have any storage issue as one tool would complete all the needs
Heavy-duty and Long-lasting
It comes with a potent 26cc two-cycle gas full crankshaft engine that can work hard for you. The engine has been engineered with a full crankshaft design that helps to lessen the emission and increase the life of the trimmer.
Less Vibration :
Comfort is something that should get priority. This device offers you great comfort. The engine of this model is supported by aluminum support that significantly reduces the vibration and allows you to work for a long time.
Easy to operate
You can use it according to your requirements and attach or detach the parts.
The trimmer is highly durable and has straightforward mechanical features in it, making it easy to operate.
This is a multi-functional great tool; it can trim all the shrubs, herbs, and bushes very precisely. The powerful tool alone is enough is to do all the trimming works of your garden or lawn. Thus you go for this model if you want to do numerous cutting and trimming jobs through one machine.
09. ToolTuff 24″ Blade Hedge Trimmer, 26cc Gas Power, Double SidedNo products found.
No products found.
if you need something that is a powerful and high-quality hedge trimmer, then ToolTuff 24″ Blade Hedge Trimmer can be the right option. It comes as a package to you including a powerful 26 cc engine, 24 inches double-sided blade with dual action that can trim any grass in a short time.
Dual-action stainless steel blade
ToolTuff 24″ features 24 inches dual-action stainless steel blade that gives you the freedom to trim your lawn as you need. Its dual-action blades allow you to save a lot of time as it can cut from both sides.
Additionally, with the 24 inches long blade, you can reach the bushes that are higher from the ground without needing a stool or a ladder.
Light in weight
If you have an issue with heavyweight that makes the handling tough, this model comes to you like a light in weight to make you worry-free from the weight issue. The weight of this machine is 13 lbs what makes it lightweight, and it gives you an easy maneuver feature. On top of that, being a lightweight tool, you can work for a longer time.
There are some other features in this model that make it user-friendly. It features a waterproof on/off switch and a well-balanced handle for smooth operation.
However, if you hate a start any device with a pull cord, this model can be an issue for you. It comes with a pull cord start system.
Nevertheless, no need to be much concerned about pull start as it is easy to start with a pull cord with EPA approved.
If you are looking for an affordable, budget-friendly, yet powerful and high-quality gas hedge trimmer, then ToolTuff 24″ is another excellent option for you.
10. Rbaysale 26CC Gas-Powered Hedge Trimmer
No products found.
No products found.
If you look for something that can handle fences, shrubs, thorns comfortably, then Rbaysale 26CC can be the right choice.
The blade is something of the model that will draw your attention. This blade is made of alloy tool steel, which comes with excellent hardness Thus, it gives a speedy and neat cutting of hedges, bushes, and shrubs
It comes with a 26cc engine which is very powerful and increases the life of the trimmer. Additionally, it provides you a long pole of 25.9inch that will allow for cutting even the highest bushes.
The safety feature of this model is quite appreciating. An aluminum blade guide protector has been used to protect the shear knife, and a protective cover has been used at the handle
The manufacturer designed this model ergonomically to stabilize the center of gravity and decrease the vibration. Thus it ensures comfortable operation. Further, it reduces working fatigue by shock absorber system.
All in all, this trimmer is a complete value for money as it comes with high quality, safe, and reliable performance.
Shock absorbing system will increase your comfort level, and you can use it for a more extended period
The only drawback for this trimmer again is its weight, which makes it slightly tiring for you to hold it for a longer duration.
Buying guide to select the best gas hedge trimmer
Buying a gas-powered hedge trimmer is not an easy job. You have to keep an eye on various factors for making the best purchase decision.
But the technological advancement of hedge trimmers has made things really hard. Every single product is giving neck-to-neck competition to other products, so differentiating between them is quite a difficult task.
Here is a comprehensive list of traits you should look for in a gas hedge trimmer.
Size of the engine
The size of the engine has a substantial impact on the performance of the hedge trimmer. Also, the price of the hedge trimmer is dependent on the size of the engine the device is equipped with. You can evaluate the perfect size of the engine by having an overview of the size of your backyard, or the lawn.
If you have a large lawn that is surrounded by trees and shrubs, then you should buy a bigger engine, as it can assist you with more trimming time.
On the other hand, if your lawn or backyard is compact and you need to use a hedge trimmer occasionally, then you should go with smaller engine options.
Smaller engines produce less noise and are easier on the pocket. Also, these engines weigh less, so you can have a better trimming session without exhausting much energy.
The blade is another vital element of a gas hedge trimmer, and it is the sole component that comes in contact with the bushes and shrubs. There are several options available in blades.
Like single-headed, dual-headed, short blades, long blades, and much more. You have to decide the type of blade based on your requirements.
If you want to trim a lawn full of thick bushes, then a dual-headed blade is appropriate as these deliver more power from both sides. On the contrary, a single-headed blade is sufficient for trimming thin bushes and is safer as compared to the dual-edged blade.
Similarly, you can select the length and the weight of the blade as per your requirements. If you can handle more weight, then a high-quality blade is a great deal.
The noise produced by the gas hedge trimmers can be extremely disturbing for the ears. Gas hedge trimmers produce more noise as compared to electric hedge trimmers.
Buy the model that promises lesser noise and optimal performance. The noise of your hedge trimmers can land you in legal trouble as most areas have a ban on certain noise levels.
Before buying the hedge trimmer, consider reviewing the allowed noise levels in your area and buy a product that satisfies the noise levels.
A pro tip: don’t forget to buy ear protection when you are buying a gas hedge trimmer. The ear protection device will keep the excess noise away from your ears making your experience much better.
Balance, handle, and vibrations are the three crucial components of a gas hedge trimmer. You cannot use a trimmer comfortably if it has improper balance. Try to buy the trimmer which has two handles with a soft grip, so that you can get a better hold over the machine.
The dual-edged gas hedge trimmers produce lesser vibrations as compared to single-edged ones, but these are a bit bulky.
Some must-have safety features in a hedge trimmer
Most gas hedge trimmers come equipped with an automatic brake which stops the blade instantly once you have powered it off. It helps in protecting against any types of injuries and accidents caused by the rotating blade.
Gas hedge trimmers are so powerful that there are certain chances that the debris will fly towards you. A handguard fortifies you from any damages, and no debris can fling back to you.
Dual switch hedge trimmers are perfect for enhancing safety. These trimmers require you to start the machine with two hands, so you get better control over the device.
Important trimming tips every user should follow
If you are a brand new user of gas hedge trimmer, below trimming tips can play an essential role for you to avoid mistakes.
- Choose the time for trimming when hedges remain quiet. In late autumn and winter, fences stay dormant, and this is the best time to do heavy trimming and shaping.
- Before you start trimming, make sure that your area of edging is clear. Animals or any other objects around the cutting area can cause distraction resulting in accidents at the end.
- You can mark a straight line using stakes so that trimming can be even.
- Don’t try to cut too thick branches with gas hedge trimmers. This can bring damage to your tool. Instead, in the first place, use loppers or pruning saw to do first jobs, then use your gas hedge trimmer.
- Even the best gas hedge trimmer can’t bring optimum results if the blades are not adequately sharped. If the edge remains blunt, they will smash the branches instead of cutting them evenly. So make sure that the blades of your trimmer are sharp.
- Never too early or too late in trimming. Try to trim between working hours to ensure nominal trouble to your neighbor.
- A gas hedge trimmer is not a toy. Keep them away from children. Otherwise, they might bring serious injury to your beloved super-heroes!
How to get optimal performance from a gas hedge trimmer?
The only way to get optimum performance from a gas hedge trimmer is by using it in the right way. Read the instruction manual carefully before you get your hands on a machine.
Also, another vital factor that contributes a lot to the performance of a gas hedge trimmer is regular maintenance. Keep your machine up-to-date and make sure to prevent it from printed materials.
How to maintain a gas hedge trimmer?
You can prolong your gas hedge trimmer years after year by following some secure maintaining methods. The methods are not from rocket science; instead, they are the basic guidelines that everybody should understand. Here you go.
- Understanding Fuel: In the case of gas hedge trimmer, the most crucial factor is the fuel system. It is vital to understand whether your gas trimmer needs a mixture of oil and gas, only gas or any other particular fuel to run. Also, you must understand how long the fuel stays fresh when it needs to be changed. New fuel extends the life of your device while old fuel curtails the growth of the engine.
- Take periodic breaks: Keep in mind that machines also need rest to keep them functional for a long time. So, don’t trim for long hours at a time. While cutting, take periodic breaks so that your machine will not overheat. Overheat can down the engine!
- Lubricate the trimmer: To keep the blade functioning for a long time and get optimum results, lubricate the machine before every use. You can spray oil, grease the blade from top to bottom on either side of the blade that will bring good results.
- Sharpen the blades: Blades can become robust or prone to rust with frequent uses of it. Therefore, you need to sharpen the blades from time to time to keep them functional for many days.
- Remove burr: Sharpening the blades is not everything, rather removing burr after sharpening should take place to make the knife super functional for years. For removing the burr, go for removal stones that you can find in the market quickly. Once burr removing is done, spray resin-free spray to protect it from rusting that will extend the life of blades.
- Clean the trimmer: Once you are done with your trimming jobs, clean it properly to keep it ready for next use. You can use a soft cloth or brush for cleaning purposes. A cleaned trimmer after uses will get definitely longer life than an un-cleaned one!
- Store properly after use: Gas trimmers are not meant to be used every day. After your work is done, store the gas hedge trimmer properly in the right way in the right place so that you can use it in the next session.
What are the safety tips for using a gas Hedge Trimmer?
Though most of the gas hedge trimmers are engineered with safety features, still there is a risk of injury. However, by taking the below safety measures, you can keep yourself safe and sound while using the gas trimmer.
Wear Protective Clothing
Wear the protective cloth to be safe from trimming, rocks, sharp twigs, and other debris. These flying objects from the trimming can cause injury. Besides, have a pair of the boot to make safe your feet and ankles. A brush shield protector or safety goggles are a must to protect your eyes. If you don’t want to damage your hearing level, wear air plus while using a gas hedge trimmer.
2. Avoid Trimming in Wet Weather
Don’t work with a hedge trimmer in wet weather as it brings the risk of slipping and falling with a sharp trimmer. On top of that, it is not easy to trim wet brushes and grass.
3. Always Trim Away From You
Make sure that you are keeping the trimmer away from you while trimming. Typically, single-sided blades hedge trimmer brings less risk as it allows you to cut with the blade pointing away from you.
But when it comes to a dual-sided hedge trimmer, trim out in from of you as you keep the trimmer away from your body. This way, you can significantly reduce the risks.
What are the Benefits of Gas Trimmers?
- Gas hedge trimmer comes to do for heavy-duty jobs. When you need to trim a large area, a gas trimmer would be the best option.
- Gas hedge trimmers can deal with thicker branches; even they can trim up to 1 inch thick branches.
- A gas hedge trimmer can run a longer time compared to a battery-powered trimmer. Thus it can do a lot of job before refueling it.
- When you like to do your trimming jobs in a faster manner, a gas hedge trimmer is the right type. They can trim more quickly than other trimmers.
- As gas hedge trimmers don’t require cords or outlets, they are much easy to use, and they feature better maneuvering.
- Gas hedge trimmers can still give better performance in damp weather.
- What are the drawbacks of Gas Trimmers?
- Gas hedge trimmers become more substantial than the electric type. Therefore they will get you tired soon.
- Gas hedge trimmers are not environmentally-friendly as they produce emissions. Also, they are louder than the electric model, which can irritate your neighbors.
- Gas hedge trimmers are a bit expensive to buy, and they are not cost-effective to run. The trimmer is producing a lot of black smoke, what can be the reasons?
The reason behind black smoke can be the over-usage of the machine. Or the fuel is of irrelevant ratio. If your machine is emitting enough black smoke, then change its fuel first and clean the air filter.
Secondly, turn off the machine for some time and let it cool, so that the engine can perform well.
Still, seeing some black smoke? It is time to change the air filter. Get a new air filter and fit it into your hedge trimmer for terminating the black smoke.
General FAQs Answered
My gas hedge trimmer is producing a lot of noise. What to do?
There can be many reasons why your hedge trimmer is producing a lot of noise. One of these reasons can be a lack of lubrication. If the hedge trimmer lacks lubrication, then the machine generates a lot of unbearable noise.
On the other hand, less maintenance and improper use also contribute a lot to noise production.
What you can do is send your hedge trimmer for maintenance, or you can buy a new machine if the noise is extremely disturbing.
Can I store my machine with the fuel?
It is not advised to store the machine with the fuel as there are fair chances that the tank can develop gums which can create problems during the start. If you want to store the hedge trimmer for more than 20 days, then you should drain the fuel to prevent any types of problems.
I am getting problems in starting the engine, what are the reasons?
There are several reasons why you are not able to start the engine.
- If you have poured a fuel mixture that is older than 90 days, then you will get some trouble in starting the machine.
- Make sure to power on the on/off switch if your trimmer has one.
- Check the air cleaner and ensure that it is free from any kind of dust and dirt. A dirty air cleaner makes it harder for you to start the machine
- Consider cleaning the electrode of the machine with a small brush or a cloth. The spark plug is an essential element that produces a spark required to power the engine. Clean the spark plug and mount it again. In case the engine is still not starting, then replace the spark plug with a new one.
- Don’t let air seep in the tank. If you inappropriately pour the fuel, then air can seep into the tank. In case your device misses an air purge system, then you have to pour the fuel with a smile pipe to ensure zero spills and zero air bubbles.
Still, unable to start the gas hedge trimmer?
It is time to see a mechanic. Maybe your device is faulty and there is some mechanical problem that can’t be resolved without mechanical help.
What is the best time to clean the air filter?
It depends on your usage and the type of machine you have. Generally, the best time to clean the air filter is every five hours of usage. You can clean the foam air filters by washing them in soapy water and can pour some oil on them before installing them.
The blades are not performing up to mark, what can be the reason?
The performance of the blade declines with the formation of sap between the gap in the chain, which is easy to clean. You should spray a light machine oil on the blade before using it.
How to start the gas hedge trimmer?
The method you are using to start the engine will decide the longevity of your gas hedge trimmer.
- Set the choke to a full position.
- Lock or hold the throttle in a way that the engine gets warmed up.
- If the trimmer has an on/off switch, then make sure to turn on the switch.
- If the machine has a primer bulb, then de-press it at least four times.
- Place the machine on the ground.
- Start with brisk and sharp pulls to start the engine. Don’t pull the rope more than 5-6 times in the initial stage.
- Now set the choke at half from the full position.
- Once the engine gets warmed up, squeeze the throttle and help it in getting a better start.
- The gas trimmer is ready to use; pick the machine up and give your lawn a cosmetic appeal
Wrapping it up
Having the top-rated gas hedge trimmer is essential if you want to churn out the best outcomes. Compare the shortlisted products based on the ease of use and their weight for easy maneuverability.
The top gas hedge trimmer listed above are selected after extensive research, and these are top-of-the-line products that can deliver excellent service.
Make sure to measure your lawn and the height of the trees and bushes to make your buying decision rewarding.
Lastly, refer to the buying guide again and note down the points for tick marking them in the hedge trimmers you have selected.